We’re going to be on the hit TV show Cake Boss (link has sound!) — they’re going to make the most creative Steampunk cake you ever saw!
Want your chance to be on the show? We need a small group of very dressed up (doesn’t have to be fancy/high class, just has to be really eye-catching and exciting!) people with great energy who want to eat the cake!
REQUIREMENTS: It’s on Saturday. You’ll need to be in the Courtyard early, at 3:30, for an estimated film time of 4:15. If it’s raining, don’t worry – bring an umbrella!
TO GET YOUR CHANCE TO ENTER:
- You MUST buy or have bought at least one weekend pass to The Steampunk World’s Fair by ten p.m. EST on Sunday, April 30th.
- Post a picture of yourself, in the Steampunk garb you hope to wear (or a variation of it) to your Facebook status, Facebook page, or other social media. Post this text: “I’m going to The Steampunk World’s Fair – www.SteampunkWorldsFair.com!” You can play with the text a bit if you want; basically, say you’re going, and give the link.
- Email the link to THAT post to me personally at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I will reply to ALL emails unless the response is SO big that I get overwhelmed; if I do, I’ll post about it in the Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/323705873173/. I highly recommend joining the group (but if you don’t, it won’t be held against you!) They’ve told us “about 30 people”. We obviously don’t control who they decide to film. We DO control who gets to eat the cake, so if you’re selected, you get cake! At least, until the cake runs out. We think it’ll be big enough for 25. We’ll be giving out 25 tickets.
- Again, tickets do NOT guarantee that you’ll end up on camera, but we do EXPECT that if you’re in the lucky 30, you’ve got a very good chance of being on camera. Bring your high energy and be ready to be excited!
I’m excited! Are you?