What SHARP Teeth tells the gloriously warped Steampunk-Fairytale story of Little Red Riding Hood, the Crocodile, and the Narrator, as they journey through a dark and Freudian wood. What will happen in this peculiar retelling? It’s unpredictable, magical, and sharp-edged, with darkly clever songs and a twisty little plot. Tickets are available directly through our Kickstarter, and it will be performed at Glimmerdark: Misfit Faerie Festival II – by Jeff Mach. If the campaign goes well, we’ll seek to bring it to The Steampunk World’s Fair 2018: Steampunk Joy!
Following the success of our Steampunk rock opera Absinthe Heroes comes this Fairy Tale Gone Awry, a retelling of the Little Red Riding Hood story, with new mutations and old, old crocodiles.
You can contribute and get tickets right now at our Kickstarter!
The Steampunk World’s Fair was featured in The Syfy Channel’s Syfywire: “11 Unconventional Conventions You Have To Geek Out At“ by Elizabeth Rayne:
03 – The Steampunk World’s Fair
Travel back to a time warp of Victorian anachronisms and let the gears of your imagination turn in a neo-Victorian world straight out of the pages of Jules Verne. If you like the whole RenFaire idea but it makes you feel like you’re stuck in the wrong era, then you might belong at the historically inaccurate and fantastically splendid Steampunk World’s Fair.
Steampunk imagines a past that clank-booms into the future with steam-powered gadgetry from mechanical wings to all sorts of contraptions you never dreamed could be made of metal tubing and dismantled clocks. There is an otherworldly feeling to the Goblin Market of guests and vendors who range from the fire dancers and aerialists of the KarnEvil sideshow to the guy who designed Nathan Filion’s legendary steampunk arm from Castle. VIP Luminary guests can even attend Cogsday festivities, because the discovery of the Antikythera Mechanism aka the first cog ever is the holiest day of the year to the gear-obsessed.
A previous Steampunk World’s Fair attendee – photo by Babs Who Takes Pictures
We’re going to be on the hit TV show Cake Boss (link has sound!) — they’re going to make the most creative Steampunk cake you ever saw!
Want your chance to be on the show? We need a small group of very dressed up (doesn’t have to be fancy/high class, just has to be really eye-catching and exciting!) people with great energy who want to eat the cake!
REQUIREMENTS: It’s on Saturday. You’ll need to be in the Courtyard early, at 3:30, for an estimated film time of 4:15. If it’s raining, don’t worry – bring an umbrella!
TO GET YOUR CHANCE TO ENTER:
- You MUST buy or have bought at least one weekend pass to The Steampunk World’s Fair by ten p.m. EST on Sunday, April 30th.
- Post a picture of yourself, in the Steampunk garb you hope to wear (or a variation of it) to your Facebook status, Facebook page, or other social media. Post this text: “I’m going to The Steampunk World’s Fair – www.SteampunkWorldsFair.com!” You can play with the text a bit if you want; basically, say you’re going, and give the link.
- Email the link to THAT post to me personally at [email protected]
- I will reply to ALL emails unless the response is SO big that I get overwhelmed; if I do, I’ll post about it in the Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/323705873173/. I highly recommend joining the group (but if you don’t, it won’t be held against you!) They’ve told us “about 30 people”. We obviously don’t control who they decide to film. We DO control who gets to eat the cake, so if you’re selected, you get cake! At least, until the cake runs out. We think it’ll be big enough for 25. We’ll be giving out 25 tickets.
- Again, tickets do NOT guarantee that you’ll end up on camera, but we do EXPECT that if you’re in the lucky 30, you’ve got a very good chance of being on camera. Bring your high energy and be ready to be excited!
I’m excited! Are you?